Could someone help me with this pattern/ stitch please

daftmare

Question

Could someone please tell me how to do this I'm an over ambitious beginner and I'm stuck on row 4

Rnd 4: Ch2, ch1 and hdc in same st *skip next st, then work a v stitch in next st*, repeat from * to * around, join final v st to first with sl st. This row and rows 5 to 8 form the toe area of the bootie.

How do I ch2 then ch1 and hdc in same stitch? Does the ch 1 add onto the the ch2 ? So effectively it's a ch3 or am I way off

is the same stitch the bottom of the ch2?

I'd be very grateful for any help

7 answers to this question

That is oddly written. 

I assume a v stitch in this pattern is hdc, ch, hdc.

I think what the designer is trying to say is that the ch-2 turning chain = 1hdc, the ch-1 is the chain in the middle of the v stitch, and the hdc is the last stitch of the v stitch. 

I would have written this something like:  Ch 3 (stands for 1 hdc, ch 1), hdc in same st

Hi!

I am searching on the internet for this stitch I have on the profile picture, but i can't find it. I would like to make a beanie with this stitch.

Can anybody explain me how to do this stitch?

Thank you for help!

Hi Lunca, welcome to the ville :hook

It would be best to start a new thread for your question, since it is different than the original post in this thread.

The profile picture is much too small for me to see any detail.....maybe others can. It is possible to put a photo within a post, that would be larger and easier to see. Also, its helpful if you tell us the source of the photo---did you take it or is it online? If online you could give the link to it.

Archived