Pattern Help...Missing *

ragdollnikki

Question

I am going to be crocheting an afghan but row 1 gives me problems. It's missing an * and I do not know where I should be repeating from. There are more than 5 rows. Just wanted to give you an idea of the pattern. Thanks a bunch.

Row 1: With petal pink and H hook ch 153, shell in 6th ch from hook, skip 2 ch, dc in next ch**, skip 2 ch, shell in next ch, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, turn.

Row 2: Ch 3, *shell in next ch 1 space, skip 2 dc**, bpdc around the post of the next dc, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.

Row 3: Ch 3, *shell in next ch 1 space, skip 2 dc**, fpdc around the post of the next dc, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.

Row 4: Repeat Row 2.

Row 5: Repeat Row 3, fasten off and turn.

3 answers to this question

Hmmmm.....  well, you would only do the shell in 6th ch from hook once, so that would not be repeated.  I think there should be some other directions about doing a shell in there before the **.

row 4 is a repeat of row 2, so it seems that row 1 should look pretty much like row 3.  

if this is from a book or magazine, there might be some errata online for it.  

You know the ** is to be completely ignored until the very end of the row, right?

It is only a marker, and only comes into play when you reach the end of the row, at which point you do something different(make 1 last dc).

So another way to write row 2 is ch3, *shell in next ch 1 space, skip 2 dc, bpdc around the post of the next dc; repeat from * until there are only 3 stitches left, dc in the top of turning chain, turn.

Archived