Help with the free pattern linked

Nadia Hernandez

Question

2 answers to this question

HDC ROW:
Beg every hdc row with ch 2 (not counted as 1st hdc), work 1 hdc in 1st ch-space, then ch 1 and 1 hdc in every ch-space, finish with ch 1 and 1 hdc in 1st ch-space from previous row, turn piece.
---------------------------------------------------------

HEAD BAND:
Worked back and forth. Ch 105 with Safran on hook size 3.5 mm/E/4, then 1 hdc in 5th ch from hook (= 1st hdc + ch 2 + 1 hdc), * skip ch 1, 1 hdc in next ch *, repeat from *-*, turn piece = 52 hdc and 51 ch-spaces. Then work HDC ROW - Read explanation above - until piece measures approx. 4 cm / 1½'' vertically, do not cut the yarn. 

Ok, I'll try to explain it.  (It's actually written strangely, I think)  The 1st ch-space they are referring to is the very first chain you made when you chained 105 at the very beginning.  As you worked across the row of chains.  I hope this helps you. If not, maybe someone else can explain it better.  I think the pattern should have started with the Ch 105 row, then gone to the HDC row.  Let us know if you still need help.

HDC ROW:

Beg every hdc row with ch 2 (not counted as 1st hdc), work 1 hdc in 1st ch-space, then ch 1 and 1 hdc in every ch-space, finish with ch 1 and 1 hdc in 1st ch-space from previous row, turn piece.

---------------------------------------------------------

HEAD BAND:

Worked back and forth. Ch 105 with Safran on hook size 3.5 mm/E/4, then 1 hdc in 5th ch from hook (= 1st hdc + ch 2 + 1 hdc), * skip 1 ch 1, 1 hdc in next ch *, repeat from *-*, turn piece = 52 hdc and 51 ch-spaces. Then work HDC ROW - Read explanation above - until piece measures approx. 4 cm / 1½'' vertically, do not cut the yarn. 

My take on this:  adding the 1 makes this make sense.  The first row into the chain is the same as the regular HDC row except a little change at the beginning, in other words is alternating hdc, skip 1, chain 1

Archived