Pattern Help

holliexoxo88

Question

I am trying to do this pattern:
http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/texting-gloves

and I have done everything except the index and thumb finger tips and I cannot figure out how to do it. I understand that I should start the tips in the 'front' stitch, but I don't understand how to keep going to make it be a circle. Can someone please explain this step a little easier? I did everything except the tips, and I would hate to have to re-do it or change the pattern cause other than that I can do it! Thanks, Hollie.

3 answers to this question

There is a clarification noted for this pattern at Ravelry:

Clarification for Round 20:
For the Thumb opening you will skip 8 sts (4 at the end of one round and 4 from the beginning of the next)

There is another 'correction' noted but I don't think it's correct; it says the front and back post SC stitches should say DC not SC, but I think the correction should have said - should be ESC not SC.

I'm hoping others will chime in but here's my interpretation - here is round 1 of the fingertip near the top of page 2, second column)

Fingertip

Round 1:

Join yarn to front loop of the first esc that was worked through the back loop only in Round 38, ch 2 and esc through the same front loop, esc through the front loop only of the next 5 sts, [work esc in the post of the last st] 6 times, being careful not to twist, join with slip st to the 2nd ch of ch-2 (12 sts).

So, if I understood you, you know which stitch is the first stitch of round 38, and to work in the 'free' front loops. 

So after joining at that spot, CH 2 and working 6 ESC into 6 stitches of the finger, you will add 6 stitches around the post of the last stitch you just made - so there are 12 stitches in that round, 6 are attached to the finger and 6 are hanging off the post of the last stitch of this round that was made into the finger.  Then, you join to the CH 2 that started this round.

I imagine it will look pretty goofy at that point because of the huge increase, but it should  start to look like a fingertip when you add the next couple of rounds.

Archived