Help with understanding the slanted work group in Blue Skies Bedspread Pattern

Deb Conner Baker

Question

I am working on this pattern and love it but am having difficulty understanding directions for Round 4 and Round 5 of the square.

Round 4: ch3, dc in same st as join, work slant-group around dc just made and beginning ch (hold dc and beginning ch together and work around both at the same time), sk next dc, dc in next dc, work slanted-group around dc just made, sk next dc 15 times; join with sl st in top of beginning ch--16 slanted groups. Fasten off 2nd color.

Round 5: Join third color in top of ch-3 of any slanted group,…

I am not sure what the slanted group is composed of. I at first understood that the slanted group was the dc and then slant around it but it doesn’t look like her picture. And if I complete the round this way I do not have any other ch 3’s so the beginning of Round 5 does not make sense.

I realize I should probably understand what the pattern is asking and I see that several people have completed this pattern but I am just not getting it.

Can anyone offer help? Thank you. I do feel stupid for not knowing this. I would appreciate any help.

6 answers to this question

Holding the ch and dc tog 3dc around them like going down them, and then you will just do the ch3 and 3dc around the dc's like sideways down the dc. If you look at the picture it shows them.

Archived