HELP! Mindless pattern that I lost!

nancybanta

Question

You know the crochet seed stitch is single crochet, double crochet across a row and then on each consecutive row, you make the single crochet into the double and a double into the single?

Someone told me about another stitch that I wrote down somewhere - but for the life of me I can't find it.

It makes a puffy looking stitch.

It's something like single crochet, next stitch is either a half double or a double and the next stitch is either a double or a treble crochet - you do that across the row and then you reverse it on every consecutive row.

Does anyone know if that center stitch is a half double or a double crochet?  It's driving me crazy!

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

4 answers to this question

The other variation I know of is from the foundation chain, you (sc, dc) in the same stitch, skip a chain, and continue until the end, ending in (sc, dc) in the same stitch.  Then you turn, no chaining, and (sc, dc) in the sc of the previous row, and you continue like that until the end.  

I hope this is what you're looking for.

Try both (or all) variations and see which you like. It's not like the Crochet Police will arrest you :) and you might find one you like even better.

I've heard the (sc, dc, sk 1 st), then next row (sc, dc) into the sc and sk 1 st  called feather stitch and flame stitch, but mostly I just call it pretty.

I guess I'll just have to experiment like Becky said.  I know it's three stitches and you alternate them every row - it's just a matter of me either finding the paper or just trying it to see which combination looks better.

Thanks everyone for the other suggestions!

Archived