does it matter where you sc in a ch-3 spot?

popeyesgirl

Question

HI all,

I've been working on a simple  round pattern  and the pattern says

sc in next ch-3 spot. 

so i just sc in the chain -3  area (so it has a little give)

a friend told me, that i'm supposed to sc in the second link of the chain 3 spot (she has been crocheting for years)

it's easier and looks ok the way i've been doing it...but if i'm doing this wrong, i want to correct myself.

the pattern is not specific and you really can't tell from the picture and the pattern doesn't say in the link..

sorry if this has been asked before but i couldn't find it....

Thanks again  .... i stopped what i was doing in case i had to pull this all out...

4 answers to this question

if it says to crochet in the chain space, what you've done is correct.  if you need to crochet in a stitch for some reason, the pattern should say that specifically.  Working into the space allows the sc to move around a bit and have some give as you say, which is good in most situations.  

I also always do the stitch in the ch 3 space itself, unless it says specifically to do it in the actual stitch.

I have done a pattern (but of course, for the life of me can't remember which one it was) where it did say to do a stitch in the ch stitch itself (hope I didn't confuse anyone with that explanation).

LI Roe

Archived