graph patterns help!

artebella

Question

Hello guys!

i recently bought a graph pattern for a baby blanket and i would like to tell you that i am very confused. :confused

I don't know what method to choose for the best result. There are three methods as i understand. First is single crochet, second is tunisian simple stitch and third is cross stitch. I watched some video tutorials in you tube and I think the best result is cross stitch but is no crochet!! i love crocheting!! i would like to choose between simple crochet stitch and tunisian simple stitch.  Also i would like to tell you that is my first time that i crochet graph pattern. What do you think? what method to choose in order to have the best result for graph patterns?

For tunisian stitch i don' know how to change colors...what i mean? for example the main color is pink and in the second row i need to crochet 4 white stitches..and all over the pattern i must changing colors..do you know the way to do that?

thanks a lot

4 answers to this question

Are you sure that the cross stitch isn't done *after* the blanket is made?   It would be much on the idea of counted cross stitch.   I've done a blanket that was all SC and then I did counted cross stitch on it to do Tigger.

yes,the cross stitch is after the blanket is made. I do first the backround colors which are 3 colors and after i do the cross stitch. Do you have any idea which method to follow?

I also want to make a blanket and then cross stitch. I am not sure which  way to do it either. I tried the afghan, which I did a background but did not cross stitch on it. My neighbor ws helping me then she passed away. She was like I said helping me.. Now I want to do another. I started it and as I went the more it curled. so though I would do it in single stitch. Which now cannot find a just simple single stitch lap size blanket. pattern. (like how long to make the chain). I just going to add the words of their favorite team on it. Any ideas to steer me and help me. Thank you.

Pat

Just make the chain a little longer than you want the ghan to be.  Sc until it's the width you want and leave the rest of the chain hanging.  Later, go in and cut the leftover ch leaving about 10 sts.  Unpick them and weave in like you would any other end.

I prefer sc for graph work.

Archived