How to make this?

Ali Bali Boo

Question

Hi guys!

I have been trying to figure this middle section out so I can try to make one myself (it's a fly bonnet for horses).They are really pricey for the nice ones and all they are is this with material ears.

If someone could give me an idea of how to do the grey part that would be so great! I can't get it to lay flat and of course mine looks nothing like this. I don't expect to be great at it but if I get the way to crochet it I can make a bunch so I can get it right!

Thanks in advance!

555936_237812759672784_661763137_n.jpg

post-66978-0-93043600-1365003847_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

This looks like it is filet crochet, double crochet and chains, but it may be easier to look at a pattern to get some ideas to get you started. There is a free pattern for a pretty horse hat in the 'Villes own pattern section that may help.

Hi,

Are you working from a pattern, or trying to reproduce something you purchased elsewhere? I don't know if anyone will be able to help you to reproduce this, if it is made from someone else's pattern. There are places on line to purchase the patterns. Have you checked them out? They've got some nice ones here:

http://www.crochetdodads.com/forthehorse.htm

Agreed with the above poster that this looks like it is probably filet crochet. There are tons of helpful free youtube and blog tutorials that you can check out to get a feel for working with filet, and then you might have better luck trying to replicate it :)

Archived