Please....I need help with a pattern

rita821

Question

I'm still new and looking for easy patterns, I found this pattern for a shrug that I would really like to make but I'm afraid to start it because I'm not sure what they mean by the "finishing" and "edging" instructions. The link to the pattern is http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2584 

If anyone can describe to me in plain English exactly what they mean I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your help. :manyheart  Rita

4 answers to this question

The way I'm reading it, it looks like the when you finish the actual body of the project, it will just be a rectangle, and what they call 'finishing' is the part where you actually sew to form the sleeves.  So you'd fold the project over (top to bottom) and sew from the outside in for about 8 inches to make one sleeve, then do the same on the other side to make the other sleeve.

The edging reads to me that you would connect yarn to where you finished off with sewing one of the sleeves, and work single crochets around to make the edging, ending where you started.  The edging is going around the part that would go behind your head, and all the way around.  You can sort of see it in the photo.

It's a really cute pattern!  Hope I didn't confuse you more!

Archived