need help with afghan pattern

Sharon Dunlap LaFramboise

Question

6 answers to this question

It may just be that you need to work the pattern for a few rows before the pattern really stands out.

Have you worked a swatch?   I know - it's everyone's least favorite word - it's right up there with weaving in ends - but it's definitely worth it.

If you work a piece that's maybe 8 or 10 inches across you can get the pattern down before you jump into the great big afghan.  It's an awful feeling to have to pull out 4 feet of work for each row and have to go back and re-do it.  If you practice the stitch with a swatch - it's not heartbreaking to rip out a few inches and try it again.

After looking at the way that pattern is written - I would copy that into a word document and break it down into sections.  I had a hard time following it with everything so bunched together.

I just tried it and the pattern has errors.  Yes, Row 1 should have very specific V formations.

The cluster part as writtten:

Miss next ch. *(Yoh and draw up a loop in next ch. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) 3 times. Yoh and draw through all 4 loops on hook – cluster made.

Should be (Miss next ch, Yoh and draw up a loop in next ch. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) 3 times. Yoh and draw through all 4 loops on hook – cluster made.

When you work the 3dc cluster skip a chain between section and you'll get the bottom of the V.

Archived