I am crocheting a strip of lace which I intend to put on the edge of pillowcases.  Some years and computers ago I had been given links to places which sell heirloom quality pillowcases and fabric — fine cottons, batistes and linens.  The cases were gorgeous but now I have no idea what those links were or the names of the sites.  Can anyone help?  Do you have sources like this?

And here is a begining picture of my lace.  That's Bart Elwell's Fan Edging from Piecework Magazine, Nov/Dec 2010.  I'm using #20 thread. 

post-11235-0-10517100-1363349522_thumb.jpg

Can you give us the link? I'd love to make some pillowcases like this.

We always had these when I was growing up, edged with lace, I wonder what happened to them. I still have two pillow shams, hand sewed by my mother's grandmother, just lovely, but would love to make some pillowcases.

Of course, mattenlou.  It's Embroider This.  What I ordered before was not pillow cases but flour sack towels so I'm eager to see what this pair looks like.  I rather wanted to get some kitchen towels for redwork, too, but didn't.  When I look at the pre-stamped pillow cases for embroidery I'm always dismayed at the poor quality of cotton.  Hopefully these will be better.

Archived