Weaving in ends

jillkap

Question

Hi all  :waving

I made a pair of gloves for a friend, they are the kind with the finger tips left off, and she has had them for about a week now. She showed them to me today and almost all of the ends that I THOUGHT I wove in securely enough were coming out :ohdear  This is the first time I've ever made these kind of gloves. There are a lot of ends (2 per finger) and the gloves stretch fine enough to fit on her hand well, but I just don't know how to weave these ends in enough so that they won't slip out every time she wears them. They are made with all sc

I'm stumped!  :shrug  Any suggestions on what I should do?

4 answers to this question

They're probably popping out because the gloves are stretching and moving.

You may have to use fabric glue at the very tip of each end to keep it in place.

When I weave ends - I'll run the tail through the stitches and double back on itself.  When I go back through - I run the yarn through the center of the strand - Russian join style.  It locks it into place.

I think with gloves that a drop of glue hidden inside a stitch could be really helpful.

I think I might need glue. It's Lionbrand wool ease, it's pretty soft. I took the end and wove it in vertically instead of through a row of sc, thinking it wouldn't pop out that way. I think you're all right, also that they are popping out because they are stretching so much. So fabric glue should work out ok?

Archived