Has Anyone Ever Seen This?

MrsLoomer

Question

Greetings to all at crochetville! I am a loom knitter at present but am up to trying crochet :D. I have a question about a scarf pattern and need some help:

Long story short, I was watching a bad western recently and was bored to death until I discovered that the main character was wearing an intensely cool scarf- and I decided that I wanted it :lol I spent the rest of the movie trying to figure out what pattern it was. I have never seen this pattern in loom knitting (it's sort of like ribbed stitch on a double sided knitting board but this isn't basic ribbed stitch). So I asked a group of hand knitters what they thought. They're thinking it could be a crochet pattern and not a knit pattern at all. :think

So, Crochetville, I give you this puzzle! I have attached some pictures of the scarf (they are screen grabs, wish I could find better).

In case you are curious, the movie is "One Damned Day at Dawn...Django Meets Sartana!" ;)

post-65752-135897796642_thumb.jpg

post-65752-135897796644_thumb.jpg

post-65752-135897796646_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

Hmm... tha'ts a really good question!! :think This might be totally offbase but could be some variation of tunisian, or even hairpin lace? Maybe even just woven crochet?

Archived