Washington DC knit & crochet out

jenaloisi

Is anyone planning on attending the DC crochet out on October 23, 2005? I live an hour and a half away and am planning on going if my husband doesn't have to work that weekend. It would be neat for some crochetvillagers to hook up, maybe over lunch at the sculpture garden restaurant?

Jen

I'll be going with my mom and daugther. My mom's a knitter and my daughter is learning to do both. I hear about these types of events but never get a chance to go. So I'm blocking off that weekend and we're having a girl day out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a volunteer at the event. It gets larger each year. One year we had 2 police officers stop at their lunch break and learn crochet.

Is anyone planning on attending the DC crochet out on October 23, 2005? I live an hour and a half away and am planning on going if my husband doesn't have to work that weekend. It would be neat for some crochetvillagers to hook up, maybe over lunch at the sculpture garden restaurant?

Jen

I went to the knit out this past weekend in DC. I took my daughter and mom. My daughter got bored after about ten minutes and wanted to go to the museums.

They had two tents set up for crochet and knitting lessions and she didn't want to do either:( . The tent that had the vendors was soooo packed you could barely walk thru. My mom and I wanted to stay for the fashion show but only saw part of it.

And most of the people attending had items they were working, which was cool to see.

I was sooo disappointed. I thought my daughter would be more into the whole thing and the tents were so crowded I wasn't able see the items or talk to anyone.

I am going to try to go next year, hopefully there will be bigger tents and I won't take my daughter.

Archived