Ancient project resurfaces

VikingRunnerGirl

I just uncovered a hat I started several years ago (after seeing one for sale in a shoe store and going "Hey, it'd be fun to make that myself!"... you know... like we do... :reyes) I got my first set of double pointed needles for it. First time USING dpns, for that matter. I have, oh, I think three inches done on it maybe?

At some point, I realised that since I had no pattern... and was working with double points so couldn't try it on... I had absolutely NO WAY to tell at what length I would need to start decreasing to get the hat to fit! Sort of lost hope, at that point, to be honest. :sigh

Maybe I'll try again with circulars and the magic loop technique. Might be able to get a better feel for the size that way. I'd really like to finish that d*** hat; I spent a bit of money on all different textured yarns for it, and then there's all the time both DH and I have spent trying to cat-proof the box (then box and bag, then box and bag and box, then box and bag and box with stuff on top) the project and associated yarn is in. :cat

At least when I pulled it out last night, it looked like all the stitches were still on the needles! Minor miracle, that - given how often the cat pulled either an individual ball or the whole darn thing out of the bag and dragged it through the house! :jumpyay

Archived