End of row help

spaycee

Question

Ok, so everyone knows I am learning. I have learned so far that the Worsted Weight is the best start. I tried some other yarns but I find them near impossible! I will get there!

Anyway, The problem I seem to be having is not turning, but keeping the sides straight. I am having difficulty getting into that last stitch at the end of the row - any suggestions???

4 answers to this question

Just hold your hook where you want to go through the top of your CH and gently wiggle, the less you try, the easier it is. Trust me, it works.

You know the expression, Less is More.

If this doesnt work, just make sure you do the last CH of your CH3, looser and turn your work in the correct direction so the front of the CH is facing you, not the back.

I will just do a sample and work out the right way to tell you.

I am back.

If you are doing rows of DCs, or a stitch which starts off with CH3, do your CH3, at the end of the row, then turn your work, pushing the right side away from you and bringing the left side towards you.

Try the other way too and you will see that the front of the CH is easier to work into than the back.

Hope this helps.

Colleen.:hug

i found my biggest problem was recognising where the last stitch of the row was, and not going into the turning chain by mistake. i've been using stitch markers at either end of the row, so i know where to turn and it's helped lots, so much so that i recognise the different parts of each stitch better and don't need to use the markers now except with yarn that doesn't show the stitches well.

Superfurry's right, stitch markers are the best suggestions anyone can give you for finding the ends of your rows. You can use the stitch marker to "tug" a tiny little bit to help you get your hook through that stitch also. :hook

i found my biggest problem was recognising where the last stitch of the row was, and not going into the turning chain by mistake. i've been using stitch markers at either end of the row, so i know where to turn and it's helped lots, so much so that i recognise the different parts of each stitch better and don't need to use the markers now except with yarn that doesn't show the stitches well.

Archived