Little Green Apples - lapghan

darski

Little Green Apples-lapghan:pinterest

post-4896-135897767575_thumb.jpg

Note that not all squares have leaves.

WW yarn in 3 colours (White. Dk Green and Apple Green ( RH col # 3229) are good J )an additional contrast colour makes your ghan pop! I chose a dark apple red for this.

6.mm, 5.5mm hooks

V-st: [dc, ch1, dc] in same st.

Tr V-st: [tr, ch1, tr] in same st.

Join all rows.

It helps if you are generally familiar with how Granny Squares work.

With my tension I get a 7” square at round 5. 50 X 32 Inches finished

Apple motif square

w/ apple green ch 4 and join

Row 1: ch 3, 15 dc into ring (16 dc)

Row 2: 2 dc in 3, 2hdc in 2, 2dc in 11. Break off. Tidy ends. (28 dc, 4hdc)

post-4896-135897767589_thumb.jpg

Att white in any hdc st

Row 3: ch 5, tr in same st, work usual V-st in every other dc. Join and slst into space ( 15 V-st and 1 Tr V-st)

Row 4: ch 6, 3 tr in same st,{corner started} *3dc in next V-st, 2 hdc in next V-st, 3dc in next V-st, [3tr, ch2, 3tr] in next V-st* repeat this pattern around and continue to beginning sp, work 2 more tr in beg space and join. Slst into space

Row 5: ch 5, 3dc in same sp, work 3dc groups in every space with [3dc, ch2, 3dc] in corners, work 2 more dc in beg space and join. Break off and tidy ends.

post-4896-135897767606_thumb.jpg

Make 24 squares but on row 3 you should alter where you start so that your apples will face in different directions. When you start in a dc you will only make a regular V-st and not a Tr V-st. Just remember to put your Tr V-st into one of your hdc stitches. Rows 4 and 5 do not change.

Leaf : join dk green in middle of Tr V-st base. Ch 7 and join w/ slst in 1st ch. Break off and tidy all ends. I sometimes found that I had to secure the leaf in an upright position when I was working my ends in.

NOTE… I’m not convinced that you need the leaves to make them look like apples

Leaf square:

post-4896-13589776761_thumb.jpg

Non leaf Square:

post-4896-135897767615_thumb.jpg

Joining Motifs…

I joined my motifs by using a ch4 flat braid in continuous join method. Continuous join means you only have 2 tails to deal with at the end,

Continuous Join: http://crochetcabana.com/tutorials/joining_squares3a.htm

Video- 1 of 4

Flat braid join:

Edging: You should find/use any edging that you think would work for your ghan.

The dark green joining row became my first edging row.

2nd row, I worked a row of white ch 5 into each dk green loop.

3rd row: I did a dark red ch5 row working over the white row and into the dk green sc from the join row.

4th row: I did an apple green ch5 row working my sc into the white sc of edging row 2.

post-4896-135897767619_thumb.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2012

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Archived