Help me find a yarn (no looking, yarn_monkey!)

CindysSweetThings

I need help finding a yarn. I don't have a specific brand or anything, I just want something that fits this description. NO LOOKING, yarn_monkey!

I'm looking for a yarn that is reminiscent of carnival glass. Maybe something irridescent or shimmery. Maybe something with subtle color changes. The brighter the colors, the better. I prefer nothing blue, red, or pink, but I'll work with what I can find. I also prefer worsted weight, but again, I will work with what I have to. Maybe something that can be doubled to a worsted weight?

TY! I love you, ladies!

I'm not familiar with carnival glass, but from what I can tell, it can be pretty much any color. I was thinking a lime, orange, or purple color would be great.

yardage? uh...I think about 100 yards outta be good enough. Of course, I'm cool with having extras! :D Of course, if it is a lighter weight yarn, I would need at least 200 yards so I can double it. (what weight yarn can be doubled to be the same as worsted?)

I want to keep it under $10

ETA: Acrylic, please

I think you are right on with the idea of lime, orange, or purple. (i googled a bit and found that what i was remembering as pink is really more orange. And i have seen the pale green and dk purple too. I've only really seen it at antique stores and estate sales.)

I was going to suggest Dream in Color as they have some gorgeous colors, but it is superwash wool.

Hmmmm.....

Archived