My current projects

I am currently working on a granny afghan for my daughter, just a plain granny square to be about toddler bed size in red heart super saver star brights. I've decided to border it in white using a stitch out of the doily i'm working on..the hearts around doily except i'm using yellow baby sport weight yarn with some flecks in it (i can't remember the colour ) I'm also working that same pattern up for a friend in the same type of yarn in the pink flecky color lol. My socks have been put to the end of the line as the two doilys are presents, to be used by a couple of special girls as barbie blankets. I think after the doilys I will go back to the socks in the toes up pattern the leftover pink for my daughter and the leftover yellow for my younger son. After i finish my Granny blanket, I am starting another one in the red heart supersaver camo yarn for my younger son as well (my older son isn't much into that weight yarn so I'm waiting for the right project for him) geeze this is turning into a novel, so I'm gonna cut it out and go consider breakfast options now lol have a great day!!

Sherry

oh yeah the stich i'm using as the border is rnd 5 from the doily pattern where you sc skip 2 stitches tr9 in one stich skip 2 stitch sc and repeat all the way around. I will add that to a couple rounds of sc border

Guest SamplerLady
mmouseplus.gifI am making a granny afghan, too. although I'm using the first rectangular granny pattern here. It's turning out nicely, although more square than I'd like. Maybe I'll just add some rows on the short sides to lengthen it out before I add the edging.

I think i'm going to make mine rectangularish in the border..by perhaps dbl crocheting the "sides" and single crocheting the top and bottom? I haven't worked it all out yet, because i'm not really following a pattern on it, just doing it as i go along LOL

Archived