Converting a pattern

Can someone help me please? I want to make a Florida Seminole Afghan for my brother-in-law for Christmas and someone else helped me to convert the logo to kniit-pro to get a graph of the design. Well I need help on how to crochet it from there...

Would each square represent 1 SC or would I use a different stitch? Any help on making Logo's into an afghan would be greatly appreciated. I'd rather work it into the actual afghan than cross-stitch it on later as that takes an awful lot of time. THANKS!

Hi Donna,

Well, let me see if I can help you. I have made several afghans with graphs.

Now I use sc for each block. Some people like to use the afghan stitch, but this has to do with what you are more comfortable with.

The best I found is to work your graph from left to right. Odd rows being on the left side(1,3,7,9), and even on the right (2,4,6,8,10). Each block represents a stitch. Also, make sure you have plenty of bobbins for changing colors.

Now I always make 2 copies of the graph. One I cross off each row as I go along, so that I know where I have finished. The other is just for reference, so you can see what it is suppose to look like.

I hope I have helped you and feel free to pm if you need any help. I will do what I can.:hook

Instead of following the graph and crossing off rows; you can count the stitches per row. I found this to be so much easier.

It'd be like this:

row 5; 14 red, 2 white, 4 red, 2 white, 14 red

Or

row 5; 14 r, 2 w, 4 r, 2w, 14 r

Everyone is different though so you have to go with the way that works best for you. :)

I prefer doing a single crochet base afghan and then cross stitching the logo or design with wool. I have done several cross stitch patterns this way and it is a great way to recycle them. I also have used crewel patterns. My ambition would be to do the 'Tiffany View of Oyster Bay' as a blanket but that is still too ambitious for me.

Hi Donna,

Well, let me see if I can help you. I have made several afghans with graphs.

Now I use sc for each block. Some people like to use the afghan stitch, but this has to do with what you are more comfortable with.

The best I found is to work your graph from left to right. Odd rows being on the left side(1,3,7,9), and even on the right (2,4,6,8,10). Each block represents a stitch. Also, make sure you have plenty of bobbins for changing colors.

Now I always make 2 copies of the graph. One I cross off each row as I go along, so that I know where I have finished. The other is just for reference, so you can see what it is suppose to look like.

I hope I have helped you and feel free to pm if you need any help. I will do what I can.:hook

Bobbins? I'm really confused now! I thought bobbins were things that held thread on a sewing machine!

Archived