Craft Warehouse Surprise

AidanM

So, I've been buying most if not all of my yarn at Wal-Mart or out of town because the craft warehouse here sucks big time as far as yarn goes. Until yesterday. I went into buy some dpns so I can learn to make socks, and I found that their rather small selection had had a miniature explosion. There are now three short aisles of deliciously wonderful (expensive) yarns. Eight bucks for a hank I'd have to hand wind, but I was almost tempted to do it because it was sooo pretty...*sighs* I can hear my poor wallet, "I'm already so empty! Why, Aidan, don't you love me? Can't you leave some money here?"

No, sad little wallet, I cannot.

LOL ... my sad little wallet and your sad little wallet should get together and compare tales of emptiness and desolation. I had such plans of Not Buying Any Yarn With This Paycheck. And I didn't! I, uh, bought a drop spindle and some roving to MAKE some yarn ... but that doesn't count, right? Right??? *sigh* I swear it was easier to quit smoking cold turkey than it is to ignore the siren call of pretty yarn.

LOL ... my sad little wallet and your sad little wallet should get together and compare tales of emptiness and desolation. I had such plans of Not Buying Any Yarn With This Paycheck. And I didn't! I, uh, bought a drop spindle and some roving to MAKE some yarn ... but that doesn't count, right? Right??? *sigh* I swear it was easier to quit smoking cold turkey than it is to ignore the siren call of pretty yarn.

What helps is not having gas to get to the yarn store. :lol

Archived