Question on attaching handles, etc

CrochetRT

I just completed my first felted project-the tote bag from Easy Crochet. I attached the handles and flap closure with the same wool yarn that I made the bag with then felted it. It turned out lovely:clap (and I will be posting it, just haven't got around to it yet). I want to know if the handles will be sturdy enough attached that way or if I should reinforce them somehow ?:think

Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!:D

• 4 weeks later...

Once you've felted an item, it can easily be punctured/cut through without harming the bag. Especially if it's been felted quite a bit. I am not sure how you have the handles, but you could cut through the bag, bring the handles through and either tie them or even sew them together. Hard to explain. The purse I made, I made an internal pleat, punched holes in the pleats and then brought the handle through them, put a huge bead around both layers of the handle and knotted the handle on the end of the handle so as not to pass through the bead.

They've been super sturdy, my only issue is that they've stretched quite a bit... :laughrollso I'll be having to felt the bag again to shorten them up a bit.

Archived