Help with weaving in ends...

Ok, I have always had a problem "weaving" in my ends. No matter what I do they always end up unweaving themselves and I'm left with stupid little pieces of yarn sticking out all over. I'm in the middle of making an afghan that's made up of like 100 little motifs and I'm afraid when I'm done I'm not going to be able to get rid of the ends. Can someone help me please???

Hmmm, well I think I leave a long enough tail, it's just the tedious task of weaving in so many ends and then ultimately them unweaving themselves. It's possible I'm doing it wrong. Can someone give me some pointers?

When you weave, you need to go at least two different directions. Otherwise they'll unweave themselves. Go forward, then go back the direction you came from, then go forward again. It'll take a pretty smart yarn end to find it's way out of that!!:D

Susan

I'll give that a try. Never dawned on me to do that. I've just been weaving in one direction! (My aunt taught me the basic granny square when I learned how to crochet and I've been learning the rest on my own.) Thanks so much! I'll let you know how it works for me!

Archived