AU (alabama) afghan Progress*new pic added*

Well Since this afghan is going to possibly take me a bit to finish. as I have other projects to do, and have fallen back in love with my Wii. (started gamefly n rented Mario bro's for wii :eek and bought super paper mario LOL).

so This afghan is for the same family I made the queen afghan for.. excpt it's for their 7 yr old son, he's a AU (alabama) fan. and dad asked me to make a afghan in their colors.. then I suggested I would try to make a afghan with the Logo... so I got a graph and blew it up! and set to work.. I bought the 1 pounder of red hearts blue. and a orange n white, I am almost out of blue and there is only 25% done.. (56 rows in out of 240). here is the progress pic I took that I posted for them on FB... I did not want to mess with putting in Auburn or war egaels on it.. so I omited it and am just doing the main logo

now my 14 yr old wants a Georgia blanket :eek

post-31502-13589772598_thumb.jpg

Looks like it is coming along nicely, some young fan will be very happy!!

yea Im not sure if he knows "Miss Ann" is making it or not.. but I met the family on FB. when I join a group for local ppl to sell their stuff (online garage sale) i posted lookin for somene to fix my raidiator cheep... his dad responded.

we discoverd his dad use to drive Tow truck for one of the Tow place's I use when I need help. and I now became friends with the family

the dad is going to fix my issues with my truck for this afghan.

when I took his mommy pillows to match the afghan i made her for christmas (the hubby orderd it). the lil boy came up to me and gave me a big hug.. was so sweet.

I can't waite to get more of the logo on it!! i like how it's comming out for my fist graph

I haven't built up nerve enough to try a graph. I am glad you are showing the process.

I am doing it all in SC. so when U work it.. be sure U are on the correct side.. Like

all the "rite side of work" are worked (looking at your graph)left to rite

all "wrong side" the work are worked (looking at your graph) Right to left

otherwise It will not turn out.. Unless You cut your yarn at the end of each row.. but then you will have all them lovely snips to weave in or work over. wich I HATE!.. rite now I'm trying to Not cut n re-attach yarn unless I have a very large distance to carry it. To me Carring it Large distances is "wasting yarn" i could use in the actual Stitching...

so I only carry yarn if I have to go No farther then 10 stitch's. anyting longer I will cut it and re attach it where I start that color again. then just Crochet over half the tail in one direction. then Wevae it up to the next row n Crochet over it. that way I wont have as much to weave in later.

I plan on picking it up again Here when Im done with Checking out the boards here. and before i go to bed (wich is when I'll most likely stop) i will get a new picture. I'm going to try n take one Each time I stop.. Then Put them together in a "video" showing it Start to finish." Likea "flipbook"

Archived