Fisherman Crochet sweater help

jchllm

Question

I'm making the Fisherman's crocheted pullover for a friend and have run into a hard time with the 'center panel' of it which is the front of the sweater. If anyone can help me. I'm really stuck on the center panel part of row 10 of the front. I just can't seem to get it right.

The pattern is here....Fisherman's Crocheted Pullover

6 answers to this question

Row 10 of the front....center section....the last bit of the cables. It's calls for you RDC under the last RDC made and I just can't get that part. Pulling my hair out!!!!

Row 10 of the front....center section....the last bit of the cables. It's calls for you RDC under the last RDC made and I just can't get that part. Pulling my hair out!!!!

So row 10 is

Work even in pat as established over first and last 25 (27, 29) sts, 1 sc in each of next 4 sc, 1 RDC around post of first RDC, skip next sc and RDC, 1 RDC around post of next RDC 2 rows below, 1 RDC around post of skipped RDC 2 rows below (criss-cross made), skip 3 sts at the top; 1 sc in next sc, skip next RDC below, 1 RDC around post of next RDC 2 rows below; work 1 RDC under post of RDC just completed (Note: Push completed RDC forward so you can get under last criss-cross made) and around post of skipped RDC 2 rows below, 1 RDC around post of last RDC 2 rows below, skip 3 sts at the top, 1 sc in each of next 4 sts

Which part is the problem?

This part.....

work 1 RDC under post of RDC just completed (Note: Push completed RDC forward so you can get under last criss-cross made) and around post of skipped RDC 2 rows below, 1 RDC around post of last RDC 2 rows below

Ok, i am swatching this...the central panel 15 stitches. It took me several tries to get row 8 right. For me the diagram is easier to follow than the written pattern. It is a bit of a challenge to figure out where the sc between the rdcs go.

Did your row 8 look like the diagram?

Now i am on to row 10!

Ok i got row 10 done, it does work. At the point where you have to reach under the rdc, i kind of pushed it over to move the stitch i was working on up to the top so i could work the whole stitch. Then let it fall back under the other stitch. Easier to do than to describe!

It hepls if you do not stitch too tightly, and having a springy yarn helps too. I swatched it with Lion Woolease.

Again, for me the diagram works best.

To keep the central panel correct, i would put in stitch markers at the beginning and end of those 15 sts, and count sts every row. Otherwise it is too easy to get the st count messed up.

Hope this is helpful!:)

Archived