Submissions for Crafters United - Help Katrina Victims

NexStitch

The gals over at Craft Revolution have done a wonderful job in collecting craft items for sale on Etsy.com. Ladies are donating items for sale and 100% of the proceeds are being sent to the Red Cross. So far they've raised over $15,000 of items to sell in this short amount of time, and sent $13,500 (profits from sold items) to help aid the relief efforts. They are trying to reach a goal of $20,000.

I have just sent off my items for sale which will include PDF copies of all three shawls on my site for $15.00 (regular price for all would be $19.50), and a scarf trio for $6.00 (reg price would be $7.50).

The ladies are going to post several auctions of my PDF's (more of the shawls than scarves actually), so there will be no shortage.

If you are in the market for some shawls or scarf patterns, or you're interested in supporting our cause by buying from other Indie artists and crafters, check out etsy.com and in the search field type in "Crafters United." You should come up with a host of items. This link will also take you there:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=3146

Coincidently, if you are a crafter willing to donate an item for sale, the contact information is here:

http://www.craftrevolution.com/donate.htm

The craft community could use any support you can offer!

Thank you!

Amie

NexStitch

P.S. I will post a link to my auctions once they are up (probably tomorrow)

It probably sold. That broach was super cute. I saw it too. I thought it was on the front page.

I scrolled through all the pages of items and I have to say, I was super impressed by not only the shear talent of these ladies, but the immensity of their hearts. I just can't believe how many items they've given away for NOTHING. Plus, many are donating their own time to help organize the enormous task of getting items posted and keeping the momentum going.

I recommend everyone check it out. Even if you don't find something you like for yourself, maybe something for a gift for a relative. The holidays are right around the corner. Shop early and help these survivors,... pretty please with sugar on top.

:-)

Archived