Yarn suggestions

SlyeCreations

My nephew wants me to make him some fingerless gloves but he wants ones that look like you took regular gloves and cut the tips of the fingers off. I want to make them out of a really comfortable yarn cause he wears them all the time but the yarn would also need to be sturdy because of this reason. Also, I would like the yarn to be a lighter weight so that the fingers aren't bulky. Since it won't take a lot of yarn to make them I don't mind paying a bit more than I usually do in order to get a really nice finished product. What suggestions would you all have that might be good to look at? Thanks in advance for that help!

If you have access to a copy, Crochet Today in the November/December 2010 (I think) issue had a pattern for gloves like that AND it uses sock yarn. Though technically you could do any glove pattern and just not do the full length of the fingers. I am trying to make myself do that particular pattern but I just don't have the time right now. Most sock yarn feels pretty good to me, but might be a bit difficult to find something usable if he's allergic to wool.

Just remember that a pattern that calls for ww yarn won't work with sock yarn and the appropriate sized hook. If you want to use a thin yarn I would check ravelry for patterns using the size yarn that you want to use.

Archived