new to crochet please help with baby blanket pattern!

jondelynd

Question

I'm working on Shining Star in the Absolutely Gorgeous Baby Afghans book 2. The first row says Sc in second ch from hook, * ch 3, skip next 2 chs, sc in next ch; repeat from * across: 29 sc and 28 ch-3 sps.

the next row says row 2(right side): Ch 3(counts as first dc, now and throughout), turn; dc in same st, sc in next ch-3 sp, (ch 3, sc in next ch-3 sp) 3 times, *3 dc in next sc, sc in next ch-3 sp (ch 3, sc in next ch-3 sp) 3 times repeat from * across to last sc, 2 dc in last sc: 22 dc and 21 ch-3 sps

on the second row right side does that mean the other side of the original chain stitches or the side that i worked the first row? then it says dc in same stitch at the beginning of row two in which stitch?

help is greatly appreciated i know noone else that crochets! ha they need a 1800 help crochet number! thank you!! -Jondelyn

3 answers to this question

Believe it or not, but there is actually a crochet 911! I don't know if it helps with this problem, but it may be useful for others down the road.:)

At the end of that first row, it says chain 3, turn. So turn the whole project around, and you'll be working right to left again. Then DC in the first stitch of that row, which is the last stitch of the previous row.

I hope I got this right myself! Reading patterns is NOT my strong suit.:blush

Hope you get it figured out soon.:hook

I'm working on Shining Star in the Absolutely Gorgeous Baby Afghans book 2. The first row says Sc in second ch from hook, * ch 3, skip next 2 chs, sc in next ch; repeat from * across: 29 sc and 28 ch-3 sps.

the next row says row 2(right side): Ch 3(counts as first dc, now and throughout), turn; dc in same st, sc in next ch-3 sp, (ch 3, sc in next ch-3 sp) 3 times, *3 dc in next sc, sc in next ch-3 sp (ch 3, sc in next ch-3 sp) 3 times repeat from * across to last sc, 2 dc in last sc: 22 dc and 21 ch-3 sps

on the second row right side does that mean the other side of the original chain stitches or the side that i worked the first row? then it says dc in same stitch at the beginning of row two in which stitch?

Okay. Row 2 (right side), means that after the ch 3, turn, this row that you work is the right (front) side of the blanket (versus the wrong (back) side). You will be working the stitches for row 2 ontop of the stitches from row 1.

To dc in the same stitch at the beginning of the row, means that you will make a dc at the base of the ch 3 you just did, so it looks like you have 2 dcs in a single stitch.

If you have any more questions about reading patterns, just email or pm me.

Archived