Crochet to the rescue!!!

I needed a second wetbag to put my (well, Peter's) cloth diapers in when we are out and about while the other one is drying.

So, last night I resolved to make one using PUL. I didn't have a zipper, and I have seen some commercial ones that have ties at the top, so decided to go that route.

I finally came up with the solution of using a crochet chain for the drawstring, but then couldn't figure out how to keep the string from coming out, SO I crocheted curlycues at the ends of the string. (2sc in the first 7 stitches.) Problem solved, and I have a back up wetbag, which is cute and is the perfect size for 1 to 2 diapers.

:cheerfor crochet!

WHAT'S YOUR "CROCHET TO THE RESCUE" STORY?

post-19233-135897677861_thumb.jpg

post-19233-135897677864_thumb.jpg

Very clever! I probably would have just tied them off in big knots and called it good.

I sometimes use finger crochet with sewing thread when I need a sturdy little button loop, perhaps at the back of a neck. I've also seen those used on belt loops back when ladies used to cover their own belting to match their dresses. It's faster and cheaper than a lot of other fixes which can be done.

We went camping and of course, I had lots of yarn with me. My DH forgot rope to tie up a tarp, so out came the RH and we had the tarp up in no time.

:manyheart

Archived