Any graphic artists here? Logo/Banner design

Hi everyone,

I am in desperate need of a new logo/banner for my etsy shop and blog. I made my own and it shows,, lol.

Was wondering if any of my fellow crochetville members are graphic designers? I would love to find someone that is also a crochet lover than randomly try and pick someone from the internet or on Etsy. I am not looking for free help.

Or if someone could give me some good recommendations on a good person/company to work with I would sure appreciate it.

thanks in advance, Carlinda

Was wondering if any of my fellow crochetville members are graphic designers? I would love to find someone that is also a crochet lover than randomly try and pick someone from the internet or on Etsy.

If you find someone who is more a hobbyist than a professional graphic designer, be sure they understand all the copyright issues involved in creating the graphics for you. If they use any graphics from other sources (as opposed to all their own original artwork), you might want to request they share the source of each image they use, so you can independently verify the copyright status yourself. Many graphics can't be used for any business use (such as the graphics that come with Microsoft Office products).

You might even want a contract that specifies the graphics designer will bear responsibility if any claims of copyright infringement were ever filed against you, and that you would be held harmless.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your response. I am aware of the copyright issues regarding logos. That is why I am looking for a graphic designer to create an original for me as opposed to using clipart. All of the sites that sell graphics that I have seen like istockphoto forbid use of images for logos.

Was just hoping that I could support a fellow crochetville member.

Again, thanks. Carlinda

Sounds like you have it covered. Good luck finding someone to make the logo for you.

I know we have several members who have listed graphic design in their profiles, but I'm not sure if they are still active or if they created original artwork as opposed to using clip art.

thank you for the replies all, I decided to use a cool logo website I found. You open a contest for graphic designers to compete for the project. They submit their designs and you get to choose which one you like best. Whoever wins the contest is the one that gets paid.

It will be very interesting to see what they all come up with.

• 1 month later...
thank you for the replies all, I decided to use a cool logo website I found. You open a contest for graphic designers to compete for the project. They submit their designs and you get to choose which one you like best. Whoever wins the contest is the one that gets paid.

It will be very interesting to see what they all come up with.

NO!!! That's crowdsourcing. :(

http://www.no-spec.com/info-for-businesses/

If I'd seen this post earlier I would have offered to help. I'm a designer. My work can be viewed at http://www.shaunalynndesign.com.

The risk you run with sites like the logo contests is you risk quality as well as not knowing if a "designer" is copying an already existing logo. They treat the logos like a factory in which the contact with the client is not there and you risk not finding something you like at all. It brings down the business of graphic design and while you will get a logo for not much money, it's not going to be on par with what you could get with working one on one with a professional.

I hope this helps. It's only meant to inform and educate. :manyheart

Archived