Ravelry Stash

I have a question about using ravelry to sort my stash. It gives me a place for "stored in" but is there any way to search on that? So I gave it number, 20 (bin number) but I cannot figure out if there is a way to sort by that. If I can't it kinda seems a moot point in some ways to use...ie I HAVE this yarn..but WHERE is it?

There is a REASON I'm on the stash busting Cal..I cannot say it's working real well, but it does help...a little :lol:lol

I have never entered my stash but when I opened the stash page there is a sorting drop down menu beside the "add new yarn" icon. Is this what you are looking for? (Or maybe since I haven't entered that info I'm not following you?)

I never could figure out the stash part of ravelry. :huh I'm not sure how to even figure how much yarn is left after a project of the skein is partly used. Sorry. :shrug

I can't find a way to search by the "Stored in" value. However, if you add that info in the "Tags" box, you can search by tag.

Ah. You know, I've been bad about not using tags. April, you make me realize that could be important.

I never could figure out the stash part of ravelry. :huh I'm not sure how to even figure how much yarn is left after a project of the skein is partly used. Sorry. :shrug

I don't bother tracking my stash on Ravelry. I just have a few thinks I bought from my LYS when I lived in MO.

I figure it's hard enough to keep track of it at home! Plus I'd never have time left for crocheting!! :lol

Ah. You know, I've been bad about not using tags. April, you make me realize that could be important.

I'm bad about using the tags too. Where I regret not using them is with my favorites. I've got so many of them now it's getting hard to find what I want.

I'm bad about using the tags too. Where I regret not using them is with my favorites. I've got so many of them now it's getting hard to find what I want.

I just went back in to look. It seems I did put in tags, usually a single designation like "shawl", "doily", and usually nothing more. But there is an icon for editing tags right beside the tag and it's easy to add other tags to maybe make things simpler.

I think I don't use the Favorites quite like other people. If I am currently interested in shawls, I may have a bunch of shawls there and some of them definitely stay all the time. But I might delete some I've decided I'm not interested in right now. I think that may be a little odd but it is the way I'm working it. I just hope no one is watching how many "faves" they have from other people and become hurt when I un-fave. :(

I just went back in to look. It seems I did put in tags, usually a single designation like "shawl", "doily", and usually nothing more. But there is an icon for editing tags right beside the tag and it's easy to add other tags to maybe make things simpler.

I think I don't use the Favorites quite like other people. If I am currently interested in shawls, I may have a bunch of shawls there and some of them definitely stay all the time. But I might delete some I've decided I'm not interested in right now. I think that may be a little odd but it is the way I'm working it. I just hope no one is watching how many "faves" they have from other people and become hurt when I un-fave. :(

I do kinda use mine the same way. I figured out using the tags almost from the start (no sure how I was a quick study on that one :think) and that really does help keep the patterns Im interested in sorted a bit.

ok for those who care..or even don't :lol if you put something in the comments field for yarn stashing it will search on that.

Archived