My first attempt at design AND a help!! all in one LOL

mc_crochets

At designing my template.....I took a little insperation from Michelle's blog's layout and I got my graphics off the net too of course (properly given credit for on my blog) and after hours of twiddling with the darn thing in a test blog..I fineally got it to where I liked it and moved it over to my blog. It features Teddy bears (I collect them) and Apples (I'm doing my kitchen slowly but surely in apples/bears..sort of like the graphics) I even made my own banner, and I'm in the process of making a button :eek (you can tell I made the banner...its wonky :rofl) but I'm quite proud of the way it turned out :c9 The only thing I'm not happy with, is the fact that my comments aren't working right :( But I might go in with the comment service that isn't connected with blogger anyway, unless someone can tell me what I did wrong (I had to remove the comment code that blogger "created" for me, because it was causing my formatting to go VERY wonky)

If anyone can help with the comments I'd appreciate it. If not I'll have to just go to an external service. OH and I do know that it does not open looking good in Internet Explorer, although I don't know how to fix that. I use Firefox and it looks GREAT on there

I decided to go ahead and add in the external comments by haloscan..so now if you go check me out, you can leave me comments telling me how much you love it :P:rofl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So far, the easiest blog service I have yet to use (tried about 4 others) is Xanga. I had no problems with it through IE or Firefox. It also has a built in comment feature, too.

Just thought I'd mention it for anybody interested in finding an easier way to blog.

It has an edit feature where you can either hand code your stuff (like scripts) but the basic html features are all built in and you don't have to preview it, you can change the whole format and see it right in the window before clicking a preview button.

If you go premium, it has image hosting - 20mb for the whole year, and I think the premium is $20 or $30 a year, I forget. I KNOW it's $15 for 6 months. I have to update mine, so there's no point in linking it. It's not about crochet for one thing, and I haven't touched it in a couple of months for another. :lol I'm kind of blogged out.

Archived