I can do this!~!~!~!~!

shelain22

Question

I posted this in yarn help and didnt get a reply, I think that it also falls under crochet help, If I was not suposed to post this twice( if it is against the rules) please let me know, I just thaught I might get a better response here and I am desperate!!!

Ok, if you keep up with the post's much you know that my first attempt at makeing myselfe a ponche floped last night. I have selected a now pattern

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1465

I have lion brand Jiffy in el paso and joanns bouncle in a blue and white verigated , Which do you think would look the best? or should I use anouther yarn altogeather?

8 answers to this question

I use boucle a lot, and love the results, but it takes a bit more effort. It's almost impossible to see your stitches and you need to keep a constant count. I keep track of rows in a notebook, making a mark for every row finished. It may work with that pattern, though. Good luck!

Lionbrand has a very similar poncho pattern http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-poncho.html (at least I think it is similar, have not read the bernat pattern) It was really easy and quick.

I did several of those for young ladies (19 -32), they all loved them.

I would use Jiffy for this with the right hook. (don't make it too tight).

Of course you can do it.:)

If you had trouble making one, then do not use boucle, make it with something you can see the stitiches, that stuff is hard to see, and it is very heavy looking once complete. I think of a rug when I see it. Again, not easy to work with. Use a reg, 4 ply yarn, and I think it will be so much easier for you, this is a simple pattern, and you should not have much trouble. Yarn does make a difference.

your poncho stitches will be chunkyand not as distinct if you use the lumpy yarns, also it may come out bigger than you expect, i made a blanket out of homespun instead of the worsted that the patterncalled for and it turned out to be 2 times the size of the original. I'd use worsted weight that has a sheen to it, try Caron Simply Soft

Archived