Maybe I should take up another hobby

NurseFrawg

Question

I am trying to make a stuffed duck:ducky ... Things are still in the planning stage thus far. As I was reading over the pattern I noticed that it says "Round 15: Sc, work every 6th and 7th sc together." The duck is made in rounds that are not joined. Round 14 was made with 37 sc and round 17 has 37 sc. :think So what exactly does round 15 want me to do? The pattern is from the book Crocheted Gifts in a Weekend.

Thanks for any help.

Elizabeth

5 answers to this question

I think it wants you to do a decrease in every 6th and 7th stitch. So you'll insert your hook in the 6th stitch, pull up a loop, insert your hook into the 7th stitch, pull up a loop, yo and pull through all 3 loops on hook.

HTH

--SarahC

Hi Elizabeth,

I have that book, and I'm looking over the pattern on page 137.

On round 14, you have 42 sc. For round 15, they want you to decrease 6 stiches to 36 stitches, so sc 2 together every sixth stitch.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the replies. Vera I am trying to work the duck pincushion on page 127 (:blush sorry I forgot there were several ducks in the book). I am excited to try a pattern from the book, I picked it up in very new condition for 2$ at the local Goodwill :). I think I understand what to do. Once I get to that point if need be I will be back with more questions...

Thanks again

Elizabeth

I see the duck on pg 127--really cute, and the same princple applies. At the end ot rnd 14, you have 37 sc. Rnd 15 is a decrease round in which you will decrease by 5 sc to 32 by crocheting each 6th and 7th sc together as Sarah as explained.

I have owned this book for years, and never made anything out of it:blush , but I really should.

Archived