Big Yarn/Big Hook Girl

katysam

I've been crocheting for a couple of months, and I have decided that I prefer to work with thick yarn. (Typical of a beginner, perhaps?) So far my favorites are Bernat Softee Chunky, Lion Brand Chenille Thick & Quick, and Lion Brand Homespun--all of which can be purchased at my local Wal Mart, the only yarn source in my area.

I would like some recommendations from those of you who order online as to other yarns I should try given my preferences.

Also, I would like to find a bulky cotton yarn, but I haven't had any luck so far.

Thanks!

Katy

I started only liking thicker yarn too, but now love all weights and hook sizes. I order a lot through eBay and go by yarn per pound weights to figure it out. 500 ypp is bulky, 800 ypp is about ww, etc. You could go from there.

I love fat yarn too! This might not be chunky enough for you but Bernat boucle is one of my favorite yarns.

Also possibly not hefty enough for you, but Cottontots (is that Bernat as well?) is just wonderful and a little puffier than plain cotton yarn. I just wish they'd come up with Cottongrownups because I love this yarn so much, but get sick of the baby colors.

Archived