unusual request

lol that doesn't seem very odd to me:) You can use the pattern pieces as a template to crochet flat pieces the same size and shape. then just sew them up as you would cloth pieces. it's probably easiest to trace the pattern pieces onto cardboard as that will be easier to handle and compare to as you crocheting.

for example, a leg will be long and narrow shape. start crocheting at the smallest part and make enough sts to fit across that dimension. then as you work up you will increase and decrease to make your crocheting fit the template.

single crochet is probably the most versatile as it is the smallest stitch. but you can use other sts also and you don't even have to use actual sttiches as long as you get the yarn where you want it.

i made an ornament using a template. will see if i can find that post.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108549

map of Missouri in size 10 thread. i had a little map that was just the right size so i didn't have to trace anything;), and i just crocheted in rows, shaping as i went. i made some rather odd incs and decs but it didn't matter as long as i got the right shape.

Archived