Learn Lace Crochet with Japanese Symbols

I won lot of pattern books on ebay, in with the lot was a book called" Nihon Vogue Basic Lace". It is terrific for those wanting to learn Symbol Crochet and how to make basic lace. It covers Motifs, Pineapples, Filet and Trellis stitches as well as step by step instructions from making the magic ring to start on through increases, decreases, changing colors, different ways to join motifs and so much more. All the possible symbols are listed and demonstrated. This is also great for the thread crocheter who wants to use some of the Japanese books and patterns.

Oh it also shows how to make ruffled doilies and edgings. It has several patterns using these tecniques, along with the diagrams.

I checked on the web to see if this book was still available before I mentioned it here, and found that Amazon, Ebay, Alibris, Bookfinder and LibraryThing all have, or have in the past had it. There is also a link for Nihon Vogue itself. I didn't copy all the links here, but suggest that if you are interested put the above book name in your search engine, there may be even more links than I mentioned. Great for newbies to thread.

Archived