help please

minx19662000

i have no problem casting on. I have no problem doing first row of knit and pearl. Its when i go to do another knit row i have a hard time getting my needle back in the stitch. Am i pulling yarn to tight or doing it wrong? Help

you could be pulling each sttich too tight, or putting too much tension on the yarn coming from the ball.

when you knit after the purl row, do the stitches look twisted? You could be doing your purls in a way that seats them on the needle differently. Most knitting instructions in the US tell you to work into the front leg of the stitch, that is, the leg on the side of the needle towards you. But to keep from twisting the stitch, you need to work into the leading leg of the stitch, i.e. the leg that is closest to the point of the needle. Some purling methods can result in the leading leg actually being behind the needle. then you need to work into the back leg (since it is the leading leg).

if you can post a photo of what the problem row looks like, that would help with diagnosis :)

Archived