*TESTER FOUND* for Pretty Pine Cone Purse Crochet Pattern

JackieMoon

Hello Experienced Pattern Testers,

A big thank you very much to everyone who offered to test my original purse pattern!

I am currently seeking a pattern tester for my original Pretty Pine Cone Purse crochet design.

Pattern Information

Description: This purse is worked in rounds of cluster stitches and it has a ruffle detail along the top edge with round wooden handles. Finished purse measures 11½ inches wide (at widest point) x 12 inches tall (from the top of the ruffle trim to bottom edge) x 2 inches deep.

Pattern Style: Written instructions with pictures, illustrations and a stitch guide.

Pattern Photos:

post-35697-135897594902_thumb.jpg

post-35697-135897594918_thumb.jpg

post-35697-135897594921_thumb.jpg

Skill Level: Easy+

Yarn/Material/Tools Required: The materials you'll need for this project are:

• About 210 yards (2 skeins) of super bulky 6 oz. yarn I used two skeins of Lion brand Wool-Ease yarn

• About 90 yards of decorative yarn (for ruffle and pom-pom trim) I used one skein of Debbie Mumm Souvenirs brand yarn

• Size K crochet hook (6.500mm)
  • Stitch markers

• One pair of purse handles size 7.5 x 7.5” - I used Purse-n-alize it! brand wooden handbag handles.

Tester Information

Number of Testers Needed: 1 to 2

Approximate Time Required to Complete Project: about 6-8 total hours (I may have taken longer because I'm fairly new to crocheting)

Deadline: As soon as possible (by November 30th, 2010 if possible)

Tester Experience: The tester should have prior experience working in rounds with new stitches. Tester will need to be able to read abbreviations in a pattern, and will need to know basic crochet stitches such as single crochet, as well as be able to read a Cluster stitch pattern.

Tester Responsibilities: I would like the tester(s) to supply any information they can about my pattern, including any grammatical corrections and any part of the pattern that is unclear. Suggestions for corrections will gratefully be accepted.

Special Software Requirements: You will need Adobe PDF Reader installed on your computer in order to download my pattern. I can also send it as a MS Word document if necessary. I will email it to you in either a personal message here or your preferred email address.

Compensation: As my thank you for your time and energy, you will receive a final copy of my original purse pattern (a $4.99 value)!

THANK YOU very much for considering my pattern for testing.

Peace, Love and Happy Crafting! :)

• 4 weeks later...

This pattern was really great, fast to work up, and will become a great gift for my wife.

I've attached front and back pictures of the end result. This was by far the most fun and enjoyable project that I've worked on in quite some time!

Here's the Front:

post-38606-135897602851_thumb.jpg

And the Back:

post-38606-135897602858_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jackie for such an enjoyable experience!

Lee Hilt

Lee, thank YOU so very much for taking the time to test my purse pattern, plus a big thank you for sharing your photos of this project here on C-Ville! I know your wife will love her handmade purse -- she's so lucky! :) I'm so grateful to have met so many nice crocheters here on C-Ville. :heart

Archived