What a week

Wow. It's been a busy busy week!.. and sorry I been MIA. just have had a bunch o stuff going on.

I will be posting the Stitch marker give away sometime over the weekend. Unfortunaly It's not with beads I intended to use. beacuse Due to my Now need for glass's.. I had to use my "fun" money on Glass's instead of beads n yarn (cry). buy ah well I have lots of very purdy beads to choose from.

I took 2 of my kids Zachary my 13 yr old and Madyson my 9 yr old to the eye dr.. figured may as well get the entire family worked up. and both of them need glass's. both are nearsited in their Right eyes.. but left is fine. Zachary is not happy to have glass's and wants contacts but i told him I belive 13 is to young for them. esp being he's ADHD and realy needs reminders to do simple tasks as "did you shower today" that I dont need to ask. Did you put in your contacts. or deal with lost ones.. eyeglass's are easier found if missplaced.

Madyson is Tickled that she needs them. she can not waite. (why is beyond me). she says she wants to be like daddy. lol but whatever floats her boat.

this commin monday I take Dylan my 10 yr old and Hannah my 7 yr old. we strongly belive Dylan will need em.. he's commented that "he cant see" and hannah we may have issues as she has a hard time with reading ect. so We will see how hers gose. Cheyenne went last week and has perfect vision.. she is mad she dont need glass's lol.. she wanted some so bad

my question... should I get her a "play" pair. so she dose not feel left out if everyone else has them? she dose not think it's fair that zach and mady need them.. and if Dylan and hannah end up with thm.. OH boy!!! Drama drama lol. and I orderd mine today at america's best. I got 2 pairs. for 69 bucks. way better then walmart 1 pair for 97

well just thought i check in to let ya all know I'm not lost in cyberspace or burried in yarn.. althou the burry in :yarn part would be fun

LOL the ball pit of yarn would be awsome!!!.. that makes me wanna go out and get one just to fill with yarn for HA HA"s lol.

and I thought bout finding somethin for cheyenne to "pretend" for glass's. mabey see if anyone on free cycle has some eye glass's from their child that they have outgrown. that I can pop out the lenses and just play with the frames. and when i was at walmart today pickin up hubby's new glass's he meantion they could make her a pair with just Demo lense in them like they have. but he said 38 dollars.. Umm no ty.. if i did that I'd pick the 9 dollar frames and ask that they leave out the lense. that or i'll go get her lil girl sunglass n pop out the lenses. but I'm hoping that Hannah ends up fine. and then chey will be more likely to not want them. beacuse she seems to fallow more what hannah dose...

another question. do you think 13 is too young for contacts? I mean if I can get them cheep. I'd be willing after the 1st of the year to get them for my son. to try. just do not think his ins will pay for them.

well back to crocheting.. I gotta get back to work on this baby afghan i was asked to make, so i can get it done and back to work on my kids christmas gifts!!

Nope - I don't think 13 is too young for contacts IF they're taught and wear them correctly. The have to come out every night. They have to soak in cleaner every night. They just have to be responsible with them. Have a pair of back-up glasses and carry a case with solution in it in case they start to bother her during the day.

I wear contacts almost exclusively (except when I go to bed at night). Taking my glasses on and off all day long gave me horrible headaches.

Do you have a Dollar General near you? They have the really light (imo - worthless for sunglasses) sunglasses but really cute to wear glasses for about $6.

Archived