Caron's--discontinuing colors?

chickpea67

Hey all--

Question--I ran out of caron's simply soft in brocade in the middle of a blanket and needed more. I originally got this and dk. country blue at AC Moore a few weeks ago and cleaned them out. Now I can't find either color at my AC Moore. I know they're redoing their yarn section (the lady said it would be done by this week) but there's not even a spot for those colors anymore! They also cleared out a lot of their other colors of simply soft-- I found some yellow-y colors marked down in a tote that they use for stocking the shelves. I searched all the yarn stores nearby for my colors and the only one I couldn't find was the brocade. I checked online too--and the ONLY person I found with it was Knitcetra

... anyone know what gives? :eek

I did order 12 skeins from Knitcetra just be safe!

Thanks! It's a brand new ac moore and I just discovered how great the simply soft is--so I'd hate for that to be the case. But I know they're clearing way for the more expensive/fancier brands. THeir ad this week had 15$ skeins in it.... a little disappointing since thier selection of affordable brands had always been so good.

***UPDATE***

Alright-- here's the skinny. Caron's DID discontinue the color! And me only about 1/4 of the way through the blanket I was making. I scoured all the local places for the color to no avail. I ordered online through Knitcetra on Monday only to find out today that they have 2 skeins and don't think they'll get more! So on to Aunt Mary's. She had 12 skeins in stock and I cleaned her out. Hopefully that'll get me to where I need to be! I think (but i'm not positive:blush ) to get as far as I am right now I only neded 5 skeins--so keep your fingers crossed! :ohdear

Not promising anything, but I have a contact at Caron's supposed to call me about some bad Simply Soft Brites I had...will ask if he can find me any brocade, and I'll promise to tell Crochetville how wonderful Caron is!

Kathy

I bought my first skeins of Simply Soft today (the Brite series) and I love the way it flows through my fingers :hook . I hope they don't completely discontinue this brand of yarn.

Archived