Good stuff for dry cuticles

Finnbar

A year or so ago I was turned onto knitpick.com by someone here at the Ville saying how great their little crochet kit was. It was! I ended up purchasing several of these to keep with each WIP. The handy little kit contains a fold up scissor, tape measure, stitch counter and a place to keep stitch markers and tapestry needle.

I have extremely dry cuticles, hands, and nails, which leads to a lot of nervous "picking" at my cuticles when I'm not crocheting, which only exacerbates the problem. I received the newest knitpicks catalogue in the mail and they have a "Bee Naturals" nail and cuticle oil. This stuff is the best! It contains olive oil, jojoba oil, casterbean oil, grapeseed oil, Vitamin E, lavender, lemon and tea tree essential oils. It soaks right in (important when you are handling business papers) and smells great. I've used straight jojoba oil and Solar Oil in the past, but they don't soak in as quickly.

I have no ties to this company, but this is a great product.

Anything you use for dry hands and skin you can recommend?

I think the oil of olay in the purple bottle is AMAZING! It soaks in great and doesn't feel slimy.

Seacret Spa - the dead sea salt kiosks in the mall - have a WONDERFUL cuticle cream. I love all of their stuff.

• 2 years later...

I'm a CNA and we use medline skin repair cream Soaks in great and does what it says. I use it all the time. its nonalergenic and nonsensetizing has alot of citrius oils in it so it smell nice. I use it on my feet also, keeps my heals nice and smooth.

Archived