Reversible wrist warmers

freckles896

I made these using the tunisian double ended hook crocheting in the round. They are reversible to show the two different sides of the stitch. I think both sides look pretty amazing. Thanks for looking.

post-33107-135897581068_thumb.jpg

post-33107-135897581072_thumb.jpg

could you tell me how you did the thumb opening. I have done tunisian with the double ended hook and made a purse but do not understand the thumb part

For the thumb part, I did an increase of 2 stitches at the end of every round for 6 rounds, then did 4 more rounds (not increasing anymore), (I then put my thumb in the increased part to measure the size) and skipped all the stitches where my thumb was to make the hole. Then just kept going in the round for 4 more rows to make the finger part and cast off. I then joined with a sl st into the post in the thumb hole (where you'd normally tunisian stitch), and sc around thumbhole like casting off. I hope this helps.

Note: My starting chain for the wrist warmer (tunisian in the round) was 30 for a med. size warmer. It fits an average woman's hand.

Archived