MESH HELP

bubblefizz

Question

can someone please help :nworthy

im doing another mesh top , but the pattern i did before was worked all in one piece.

this time i want to make it seperate front and back.

but i cant seem to get my loops right if u look in the pic you can see the edges they arnt right at all, ive frogged it i dont know how many times.

can someone please help, it just the end and the turning chains im having probs with :blush

opppsss fogot the pic lol

mesh.jpg

6 answers to this question

The first row you did after the cluster row, is not complete. You needed some more CH and a DC into the SC of the row before.

If you could tell me more of what you are doing, I may be able to write out how to work it straight.

Very hard to explain without knowing the CH numbers etc.

Colleen:hug

OK, here goes.

Row 1: CH1, SC into the same place as CH1, *CH5, SC into next loop,* ending with SC into the top of the last petal of the pattern on the previous row, Ch 5 turn.

Row 2: SC into first loop, *CH5, SC into next loop,* repeat to last loop, CH2, DC into last SC, CH1 turn.

Row 3: SC into same place as CH1, *CH5, SC into next loop,* repeat to end of row but work last SC into DC of the previous row, CH5, turn. ( I wrote row 3 because the end was a little different to row1.)

Repeat rows 2 & 3 for the mesh pattern.

This gives you half loops on BOTH end of alternate rows and full loops on the other.

You can count the loops occasionally to make sure you are not losing any.

I did a small sample without the petals first so you can make sure you have the same number of loops as on the petal row.

I think you almost had it right but you lost a half loop and did not recover it.

Hope this makes sense.

Have fun.

Colleen

Thanks Colleen i will give it a try :) i have got half way through it now my way LOL and is ok up to now, but i have printed this off just in case!

i dont know why but i always have trouble with meshes, and its the simplest crochet.

thanks again for helping me out :hug

heres a pic so far...does this look better or not ??

mesh2.jpg

It looks very pretty.

I could count the patterns, your picture is so good, and you have not lost any more loops so it should be fine.

I guess, this is the reason the pattern is done in one piece, because it is fiddly to make this pattern in rows.

The colour you are using is very pretty too.

Keep up the good work.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

Archived