Reverse shaping?

I've been crocheting for years. I'm making a little sweater, with a back, two fronts, and sleeves. I did the first front, and now the second one says follow pattern for left front and just do reverse shaping.

What does that mean?

Can someone explain it so I can understand what to do?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

:manyheart

The right front (as worn, meaning the left side if you lay it in front of you right side up) has armhole shaping on the left, and neck shaping on the right.

So the left front you will be making will have the armhole on the right, neck shaping on the left. In general that means that if you decreased stitches at the end of the row before, you will decrease them at the beginning of the row for this piece, and vice versa.

The right front (as worn, meaning the left side if you lay it in front of you right side up) has armhole shaping on the left, and neck shaping on the right.

So the left front you will be making will have the armhole on the right, neck shaping on the left. In general that means that if you decreased stitches at the end of the row before, you will decrease them at the beginning of the row for this piece, and vice versa.

That does make sense. Thanks for the info.

:manyheart

Archived