Grrrrr!

*sigh*

I've been working on a pink octopus all night, ok the last 4 or so hours, and I did my 7th round and missed a stitch somewhere. So I frogged it to a point I thought I could pick up again, but realized I really didn't know what a single round looks like or how to pick off the prev. row since I took the stitch counter off to complete round 7.

Any ideas how to figure out where to pick up if I loose count? Or is that only if a stitch counter is in place?

hmmm I had something else I wanted to say, but I can't remember...

To Add:

I found a crochet hook in my bra! It makes a good place to store things like cheerios and crochet hooks...of course I was looking for said crochet hook and had to pull out a back up. Ahh the joys of a woman!

Oh yeah when working in the round it really is important (I have found anyways) to have a stitch marker to show where your round ends. Though I do spose that you could always start at the bottom and count out the patten to figure out where your up to.

Having a crochet hook in your bra sounds like it could have been painful lol. My Fiance found a crochet hook of mine in the bed one night though of course he found it by rolling over onto it, oops.

Can't help you with the crochet hook "storage", but it's probably better than forgetting you stuck a double-pointed knitting needle in your pocket...not that I know anyone who did that :D

If you're working in continuous rounds, you really do need a stitch marker. Try using a little safety pin stuck through the bottom part of the stitch, so you don't have to take it off. I've also used a scrap of another color yarn and pulled it up through the row--all the way through, so when I'm done I can grab the end and pull it out. You don't need a yarn needle; you can just grab it with your hook and pull it along.

On your octopus, if you start from where you know the very first stitch was and count rows up (sometimes that's easier on the back of the work, sometimes the front, depending on how you crochet) you can find your row starting spot.

Another thing that helps on amigurumi critters and such: if you count the number of stitches you have, you may get some help. For instance, if you know the row you need to rip to has 24 stitches and you aren't sure where you started, count what you have. If there are 26 stitches, say, you're two increases into the next row. Rip back to where there are 24, and you should be good to go.

As for if it hurt or not, it's a rather large bra and it was stuck down the catch all, LOL, I mean the middle

Another thing that helps on amigurumi critters and such: if you count the number of stitches you have, you may get some help. For instance, if you know the row you need to rip to has 24 stitches and you aren't sure where you started, count what you have. If there are 26 stitches, say, you're two increases into the next row. Rip back to where there are 24, and you should be good to go.

Great idea!!!

Last night, I posted a request for advice about hook cases. I got a lot of ideas like eyeglasses cases, pencil boxes. Nobody said anything about bras, though.:think

heeehee yea i know!

too funny, someone ought to write these things down, get a book or so out of it at least!

I'd read that book, LOL!

To Add: Does anyone know if they make crochet hooks on keychains? I thought I remember seeing a post or something at one time...

As for if it hurt or not, it's a rather large bra and it was stuck down the catch all, LOL, I mean the middle

Great idea!!!

heeehee yea i know!

I'd read that book, LOL!

To Add: Does anyone know if they make crochet hooks on keychains? I thought I remember seeing a post or something at one time...

I think I remember seeing some posts here about crochet hooks on keychains. One of our fellow 'Villers and/or her husband were making them, if I remember correctly.

I know about finding hooks "the hard way". I found a steel doily hook in my chair. I still have a scar (red dot) in my thigh. I never told my mom, she would have rushed me to the hospital for a tetanus (sp?) shot :lol. My family would never let me live it down. As for holders, behind the ear is nice.

Ellie 13

Archived