Lion Brand Velvet SPun

chickpea67

Anyone ever used this yarn? I saw a free pattern in the store for some vrey loopy little girls scarves and fell in love. It looks great! But I'm waiting for it to go on sale before I buy it for 3 little nieces I love making things for!

I made a shrug with this and trimmed it in LB Festive Fur. I used the white, so I started out brave. The only complaint I have is the ink on the labels of 2 spools rubbed off a little onto my white yarn. Not good. But, the stuff is super soft and bouncy. I used a big hook "P", I think. I loved it! It was VERY easy to work with and my shrug came out beautiful. The Festive Fur accents it nicely, and looks expensive and elegant. Thumbs up for this yarn.

I :manyheart that yarn! I don't know what to make with it though. I don't have a small child nor do I know anyone with one so the little kid's patterns are not interesting. Someone had posted they were designing a pattern with that yarn but I don't think it is done yet or I think it would have been posted. Here is the thread:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9369&highlight=velvet+spun

Every time I shop for yarn I look if there is any so I can pet it. I would love to find some patterns for it.

That was me that did that post. I bought a bunch of yarn to make a group of ponchos and shrugs. Because I'm making these to publish in a book, I'm having to be careful about posting the pics on the web. Let's just say that this is the first time I want to keep everything that I'm making for myself. I love all the new yarns that are comming out.

Archived