toddler hoodie problem

perigrine

Question

Hi folks,

Well I have been sorta diligently working on the toddler hoodie pattern from Bernat, found here - http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=272&PHPSESSID=b374853f3ac7263b9cfadba53460b8a4

I am making it for my three and a half year old niece, so I did plan to make it a fraction bigger - until I chained the '2yo' starting chain and decided that was more than wide enough for Lily. So I kept going using the 2yo sizing. Somewhere during the construction of the back (and first section) I changed up to a 6mm (J?) hook by accident and just kept going.

Now Lilys mom says that the length should be 16 inches/40 cm and I allowed for that by making plans to add the 'hem' after it was made to 2yo specifications.

But now that I have the back, two fronts and a sleeve done, it isn't matching up!!!! The sleeve top/shoulder part is about an inch too short for the matching section on the main pieces.

So have I missed an increase? I increased on three rows, twice. I think that is what the pattern said. If I did miss an increase, should I go back and frog the sleeve and add an extra in? or two...

The size chart has the size reccomendations for a 4yo garment, and the 'armhole depth' is right, and so is the sleeve length and upper arm circumfrence. Though how that happened from working a 2yo pattern I don't know. I am hesitant to adjust the four main sections to make it fit the sleeve.

Maybe I should make the second sleeve with the extra increases first??:think

comments, suggestions? help!!! :eek

2 answers to this question

Are you saying that you started off with the recommended I hook and changed to a J hook mid-project? If so, that could be why your pieces don't match up. I'm sorry that I can't be any help in fixing the problem as I haven't ever done a sweater. This one is really cute though!

Are you saying that you started off with the recommended I hook and changed to a J hook mid-project?

yup, that is what I did. But only after, say, the first 3 inches of the back. In my mind, anything above that which was done with a J [hopefully] should of still matched up with working the pattern as it was written.

Archived