Trilby's Tunnel

RelicRaider

Yep, I'm still at it with crocheting guinea pig accessories. Trilby's loving it, though, so I'm happy. This time I've made her a tunnel since she messed up the cracker box she had and I don't have another to give her. Small pieces of plastic tubing large enough for her to fit into are $20 each at the pet store, which is ridiculous, IMO. The crocheted version is washable, so it makes for much easier cleaning when needed. Just take out of the cage, shake out over the trash and toss into the washer. :)

I started with chain 77 and then joined to form a large ring. I then crocheted in the round until the whole piece was roughly 12 inches or so in length, tied off and weaved in the ends. Really simple to put together. All done in single crochet with double strand of yarn.

post-17323-135897532761_thumb.jpg

post-17323-135897532765_thumb.jpg

post-17323-135897532767_thumb.jpg

That's so cute. I had hamsters when I was growing up and I wish I new how to crochet this kind of stuff when I did have them. I usually just gave them tp tubes lol. But this would have been much cuter and much more durable hehe.

She's way too big for TP tubes. I have several I'd been saving for her, but they just don't interest her since she can't fit into them. I figured this was probably the best way to go. :) She's loving the tunnel so far, even took a nap in it earlier today.

Awwwwwwww, that is just darling! I love homemade pet toys and things. This tunnel is really terrific and your guinea furbaby is going to love you for it! Cheers to you for an original idea well done! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Archived